Iltam work-group has been a pleasure, disconnected me from a tough place, help me made new connections and learn I can become better.
as all good things the current work-group has come to an end, in a two part conference to present what has been done.
being such an interesting thing to do, I took on myself to be one of the presenters, talking of “The architecture and the environment”.
Here is the presentation (pdf in new windows).
The summary of the presentation is:
- Theory and practice are different, we need to learn both in order to understand and evaluate the
- People are the essence. Most decisions regarding the architecture include a large human factor, to be taken into account when working as an architect.
- The environment of the architect is complex, comprising of the client, sales, marketing, R&D and operations.
- The architect should have, in addition to technical capabilities, very good soft skills as he should be able to be the hub of information and decision making.
- Some tools might help the control and conformance but its still the good faith of the developer
The 80/20 rule is still valid, but instead of being 80% technical its just 20% technical and 80% human relations.
If you read this far, you should follow me on twitter here.